We, animal protection association from Macedonia, “Anima Mundi” address You again as the horror in Skopje continues and the mass catching and killing of stray dogs is relentless as ever in the only shelter which exists in Macedonia (the Pound Vardariste),
2. There is no record kept of killed dogs and, more importantly, we do not know what they are killed with-the City and the competent institutions hide information and have never responded to our request to present the documents for supply of substances for humane euthanasia (a request they are obliged to respond to by law);
the Mayor: firstname.lastname@example.org ,
the Veterinary Directorate: email@example.com and
the Public Enterprise “Komunalna Higiena”: firstname.lastname@example.org ,
which is responsible for implementation of the strategy, as well as reactions to all world and international institutions to put a stop to this shame. AS OUR COUNTRY ASPIRES FOR MEMBERSHIP IN EU, OUR GOVERNMENT WOULD BE WILLING TO PUT A STOP TO THIS ONLY UNDER STRONG AND PUBLIC REACTIONS FROM INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTIONS AND THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION, AS WE ARE IN REALITY POWERLESS AND THEY ARE ONLY TRYING TO SHUT US UP.
2. Other wery importent thing. We point out that we have support from most of the media, as the situation is obvious, as well as from other Mayors willing to allow implementation of the humane strategy CNR in their municipalities, but financially unable to do so. Please inform us whether any assistance can be offered to us regarding the matter i.e. how can we establish a cooperation with You as supporters of the CNR strategy, what are the preconditions which we need to observe in order to receive Your assistance (in terms of expertise, medical assistance for spaying/neutering, finances, etc.), so we can eventually start with the implementation of a humane solution to the problem.
Animal potection activists from the organization “Anima Mundi”
Our animal friends at “Anima Mundi” have kindly sent us loads of photographs of their excerllent demonstration for the Pound Vardariste (Skopje) dogs. We congratulate them on such an effective demonstration which obviously has the support of the vast majority of citizens as well as that of many Mayors willing to allow implementation of the humane strategy CNR in their municipalities.
What a terrible pity that the Skopje mayor does not understand the damage he alone is causing to his nation and their ability to become members of the EU. The following photograph is that of the mayor:
Please send your individual message of protest to the mayor and the other authorities using the e mail addresses provided above.
Below are the rest of the demonstration photographs provided by ”Anima Mundi“. Please take heart from the efforts and work of our animal friends in Macedonia and give them your support by sending a letter of complaint to the mayor and authorities as detailed.
If you are an EU citizen; please go one step further and provide the details to your MEP, asking that the EU take very serious account of the abuse and suffering inflicted on animals in macedonia as a direct result of the wishes of the Mayor of Skopje. His actions alone are not acceptable and until he changes his attitude and ways to the welfare of animals in macedonia, you will continue to fight to keep such animal abusers as the mayor out of EU membership.
AND WHAT THE CAMPAIGNERS ARE FIGHTING FOR:
PLEASE ACT NOW FOR THE DOGS OF MACEDONIA
Thanks – SAV.
Mr. Mayor – you have BIG blood on your hands;
Free poster to print and display:
4. The dog catchers are people with criminal history, barbarian and ruthless in their behavior, incompetent to appropriately catch and take care of the animals under any circumstances, which is supported by the reactions of many citizens who have witnessed their operation and many of whom have initiated private charges against the dog catchers;
5. Volunteers are still not allowed in the Pound, despite the continuous offer of support on our part;
6. The Pound is open to the public only 6 hours a week, taking photographs of the dogs kept inside is strictly prohibited, and the overall situation is getting worse with each day;
7. The Mayor approved new employments of dog catchers, despite our strong opposition, and extended the Pound for 200% (while the number of veterinarians remained the same!)-it is evident that the intention is to speed up the elimination process, rather them to implement the CNR strategy. We are convinced that there are currently no conditions for human treatment, which is surely not even intended, supported by the fact that they refuse any cooperation with the NGO sector for protection of animals despite our open offer of assistance!!
We ask again for Your support and pressure.
Filed under: CAMPAIGNS - Global Animal Welfare Issues, GENERAL NEWS - International / National / Regional, LETTERS, MACEDONIA (Capital - Skopje), PHOTOGRAPHS - **WARNING** (Animal Suffering), SHELTER - Information