Kent Action Against Live Exports (KAALE)
KAALE is a completely volunteer run organisation specifically set up to address the specific issue of live animal exports, primarily from the port of Dover. No member of the KAALE crew takes any financial rewards for the work that they do as they are all volunteers – we simply do our work at KAALE to be a voice for the animals which are still being exported from the Uk for slaughter and further fattening in Europe. All of our funding is obtained by membership, for which you get 6 newsletters every year; or by donations.
KAALE is a Non Government Organisation – an NGO.
During the last few months (Summer 2011) we have seen live animal exports move out of Dover to the port of Ramsgate, which is also located in Kent county. Dover continues to be monitored.
KAALE intentions are to stop the trade in live animal exports through entirely legal and peaceful demonstrations at the ports. The KAALE crew gathers information, data and photographs, and subsequently produces a detailed report for every live animal export consignment which leaves the county ports. These reports can be seen on this site under the sub section of ‘Export Reports’.
We have sections which provide information and links for the following:
- European Union (EU) animal transport regulations
- Links on how to find and contact every Member of the European Parliament (MEP) in every country (member state) of the EU
- Specific links to Uk MEP’s on a region by region basis
- An insight into Defra; the Uk ministry of government which is responsible for, and approves, live animal exports from the Uk
- We have insights into both Dover and Ramsgate harbours – ports of shame which are involved with live animal exports
- Meet Carla Lane, our Patron and tv comedy scriptwriter and author. Carla has campaigned for decades against the transport of live animal exports
- See a huge number of photographs related to recent animal exports from our county, as well as past campaign photographs from our archives of some 20 years or more.